Wednesday , April 24 2019
Home / World / Cyprus has discovered one of the world’s largest gas fields

Cyprus has discovered one of the world’s largest gas fields

На Кипре открыли одно из крупнейших в мире месторождений газаIt may be the third largest in the world.

American oil company ExxonMobil discovered natural gas field to the South-West of Cyprus.

The field is located in the 10th block on the shelf of Cyprus, it was discovered during the drilling of wells Glaucus-1. According to preliminary data, reserves of natural gas is approximately from 142 to 227 billion cubic meters.

According to American experts, in case of confirmation of the assessment, the field may be the third largest in the world.

ExxonMobil is the operator of the works, the company owns a 60 percent stake on the block. The remaining 40% is owned by the Qatari state company Qatar Petroleum.

In 2011, American company Noble Energy found on the 12th block of the Cyprus offshore Aphrodite field. Natural gas reserves was estimated at 116 billion cubic meters.

See Also:  Attack militants in Mali, killing more than a dozen military

Check Also

The Council of the EU has toughened emission requirements for new cars

The new standards relate to emissions into the atmosphere.The European Council adopted new, more stringent …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *